1/5 Photos of Classic Quiche Lorraine
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A classic recipe from The Essential French Cookbook, if I make a quiche with a pastry base, then this is the one. I do experiment with the fillings, but as often as not, will stick to this timeless classic....................
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- 3Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 4Mix in the egg-yolk and sufficient iced water to bind the ingredients.
- 5Knead the dough lightly, and then chill in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. (I always cover the pastry with clingwrap).
- 6While pastry is 'resting',
- 7Melt half the butter in a frying pan and cook the bacon pieces gently until lightly coloured.
- 8Put the cream and eggs in a bowl and whisk together. Add the grated nutmeg and seasoning.
- 9Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a buttered 23cm/9 inch loose-bottomed flan tin. Prick the base of the flan with a fork.
- 10Sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces over the base of the pastry case and dot with the remaining butter.
- 11Pour in the cream and egg mixture.
- 12Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.4
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 292.0 mg
- Sodium 871.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g