Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nothing so elegant and impressive such as quiche. Enjoy with soup and salad.
Make and share this Classic Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unfold pie crust and place into 9 inch pie pan.
- Press firmly into pie pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- set aside.
- Prepare filling--------------.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon 5-6 minutes until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, add half and half and nutmeg and blend well.
- Crumble bacon over baked pie crust and sprinkle cheese over crumbled bacon.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake quiche at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 15-20 minutes longer until golden brown or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was a great quiche! We have none left, if that says anything! I didn't have the bacon, so I used ham instead, and added a bit of green onion. It was so good! Thanks Dawn, for a great recipe!
Fantastic...just the right amount of nutmeg. I was at a loss for dinner when I came across your recipe. Served it with a wedge of iceberg and a wedge of fresh pineapple. Perfect light evening meal. Thanks.
I added veggies (tomato, green onion, basil) and also cheddar cheese on top. Easy and yummy. You could also use milk for a lower fat meal. The cream is a bit too thick.