1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch classic crisco single crust
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1Roll and press crust into 9-inch glass pie plate .
- 2Do not bake .
- 3Heat oven to 350°F degrees .
- 4For filling, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl .
- 5Mix well .
- 6Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean .
- 8Do not overbake .
- 9Cool completely .
- 10Grease baking sheet lightly with shortening .
- 11For topping, combine granulated sugar and water in small saucepan .
- 12Cook and stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves .
- 13Increase heat .
- 14Bring to a boil .
- 15Boil 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture becomes light golden brown, stirring frequently Stir in butter and nuts .
- 16Stir briskly Spread quickly in thin layer on baking sheet .
- 17Cool completely Break into pieces .
- 18Sprinkle around edge of pie .
- 19(You might not use all of topping. Cover and store any extra for later use.) Refrigerate leftover pie .
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.9
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
9 inch classic crisco single crust