Classic Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecan Topping
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- Roll and press crust into 9-inch glass pie plate .
- Do not bake .
- Heat oven to 350°F degrees .
- For filling, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl .
- Mix well .
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean .
- Do not overbake .
- Cool completely .
- Grease baking sheet lightly with shortening .
- For topping, combine granulated sugar and water in small saucepan .
- Cook and stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves .
- Increase heat .
- Bring to a boil .
- Boil 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture becomes light golden brown, stirring frequently Stir in butter and nuts .
- Stir briskly Spread quickly in thin layer on baking sheet .
- Cool completely Break into pieces .
- Sprinkle around edge of pie .
- (You might not use all of topping. Cover and store any extra for later use.) Refrigerate leftover pie .