Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet pie dough and pumpkin pie filling
Make and share this Classic Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin (12oz)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 7 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- For Pie Dough:.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and mix to combine. Add butter and continue mixing until it holds together and pecan sized butter pieces are visible.
- Whisk yolk and milk in small bowl, add to dough mixture until dough forms, wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for a few hours.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 11-12 inch circle about 1/8 in thick.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line pan with dough and crimp edges, chill for 30 minutes.
- Line pie shell with aluminum foil and fill with dried beans (almonds?) Bake until shell is golden brown (45 minutes).
- For Pumpkin Pie Filling:.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees.
- Over medium heat, cook pumpkin and sugar until thick and reduced.
- Add everything and pour into pie shell and bake 45 minutes.
- Optional: Bake 450 for 15 minutes first, then bake at 325 for 45 minutes.