Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Basic and simple but oh so good!
- 1 cup hellmans real mayonnaise (or fresh homemade, recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked potatoes, Cubed (5-6 medium potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Diced
- 1 cup celery, Diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, Diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- If potatoes are not cooked, peel and cube, boil in salted water for 12 minutes. Boil the eggs in the same liquid to save time, right on top of the potatoes for about 8 of the 12 minutes and scoop out!
- Whisk to combine mayo, vinegar, salt, sugar and garlic powder.
- Stir in potatoes, onion, celery and jalapeno (if using) and parsley.
- Top with chopped or sliced eggs and sprinkle with paprika for color.
- OPTIONAL FRESH MAYO:.
- In a small food processor add:.
- 1 whole egg and 1/2 teaspoon of ground or dry mustard for 30 seconds.
- Add 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mix for 8 seconds.
- Add 1-1/4 cup oil in a slow stream while machine is on until mixture thicken to mayo. So fresh and yummy and EASY!
WOW! The jalapenos add a really nice taste to classic potato salad (I used diced pickled jalapenos) Left out the boiled eggs this time. Made for the Asian event in Cooking Photos.