Recipe by MizzNezz
I make this classic potato salad a lot for pot lucks and picnics. Everyone likes this recipe.
Top Review by psych751
When I read this recipe, it didn't sound all that different than any other, but based on a 5 star rating by someone else, I tried it and my company did all but lick the bowl clean when I served it! Be careful with the salt. BE SURE to salt the water when you cook the potatoes! (I notice a lot of recipes don't mention that anymore. A young cook doesn't know to do this). I doubled the amount of salad dressing because (I used more like 10 or 11 potatoes)--but the eggs and it wasn't dry the next day when I served it. GREAT potato salad!
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, minced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done. Cool to room temperature.
- Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in another bowl.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add celery and onions and mix well.
- Stir in eggs.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top.