Recipe by MizzNezz
I make this classic potato salad a lot for pot lucks and picnics. Everyone likes this recipe.
Top Review by psych751
When I read this recipe, it didn't sound all that different than any other, but based on a 5 star rating by someone else, I tried it and my company did all but lick the bowl clean when I served it! Be careful with the salt. BE SURE to salt the water when you cook the potatoes! (I notice a lot of recipes don't mention that anymore. A young cook doesn't know to do this). I doubled the amount of salad dressing because (I used more like 10 or 11 potatoes)--but the eggs and it wasn't dry the next day when I served it. GREAT potato salad!
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done. Cool to room temperature.
- Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in another bowl.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add celery and onions and mix well.
- Stir in eggs.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top.