1/1 Photo of Classic Potato Salad
Anissa Wolf's Note:
A classic, simple potato salad that can be thrown together in minutes or made a day ahead! A comfort-food treat for all ages, and easy to change to your preferences (I leave out the eggs for my sister; you could add celery or onion in step 3 or use specialty mustard or vinegar).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish until uniform in color and texture.
- 2Add vinegar, sugar, salt, and celery seed and mix thoroughly.
- 3Pour sauce over potatoes and eggs; mix gently until potatoes and eggs are evenly coated. (I suggest adding the sauce half at a time so that you can add only enough to coat the potatoes and not have soupy salad!).
- 4Put potato salad into serving bowl and garnish as desired with sprinkled paprika (to taste), reserved slices of egg, etc.
- 5Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days; serve cold.
- 6This recipe may be made vegan by omitting eggs and substituting vegan mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 603.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: