1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Classic Potato Gratin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Rub bottom and sides of shallow baking dish with garlic.
- 3Mince remaining garlic and set aside.
- 4Once garlic in dish has dried, about 2 minutes, spread dish with half the butter.
- 5Bring half-and-half, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne , potatoes, and reserved garlic to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until liquid thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 7Pour potato mixture into prepared dish; shake dish or use fork to distribute potatoes evenly.
- 8Gently press down potatoes until submerged in liquid; dot with remaining butter.
- 9Bake until top is golden brown (basting once or twice during first 45 minutes) for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 10Let rest 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 531.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g