1/1 Photo of Classic Pot Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
A good, old-fashioned comfort meal! I believe this recipe came from the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust package, but don't let that fool you. It's the best pot pie I have ever tasted and a great way to use up left-over chicken or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (or make your own)
- 1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I like different combinations of peas, carrots, corn and green beans)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for a two-crust pie using a 9-inch pan.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- 4Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- 6Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- 7Add chicken and mixed vegetables; remove from heat.
- 8Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- 9Top with second crust and flute edges; cut slits in several places for steam to vent.
- 10Cover edges of crust with stips of aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 11Remove foil and finish baking for another 10 to 20 minutes or until fluted edges are light brown.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.0
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 1108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.0 g