- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, 1 cup of flour, and the salt. Mix.
- Next, add the water and oil.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- By hand, stir in enough flour to make the dough stiff.
- Knead until smooth which can take up to 10 minutes.
- Place in a well greased bowl and turn the dough until it is lightly greased.
- Cover and let rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size. Punch it down and chill for 2 hours.
- Cut the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll the halves into 12 inch circle and about 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush the surfaces of the dough with olive oil and add the toppings of your choice. Cook at 425* for 25 minutes.