Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We're lucky enough to grow our own basil - although it seems we just can't grow enough of it. Summer is now known as "pesto season" to us and our family and friends just can't get enough of the green stuff. We make as many batches as possible as freeze them -- and somehow, the pesto never makes it to the winter. Note: This recipe is for garlic lovers as you can definitely taste the garlic! Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml pine nuts (pignolis)
- 29.58 ml garlic, Minced (about 6 - 7 cloves)
- 1182.95 ml fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59 ml pecorino romano cheese, Grated (or Parmesan Cheese)
- Process nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor for about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Add the basil leaves to the processor bowl.
- With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until the pesto is completely pureed.
- Add the cheese and blend for about 45 seconds.
- Serve on pasta, sandwiches, chicken, omelets, etc.