1/1 Photo of Classic Pesto
We're lucky enough to grow our own basil - although it seems we just can't grow enough of it. Summer is now known as "pesto season" to us and our family and friends just can't get enough of the green stuff. We make as many batches as possible as freeze them -- and somehow, the pesto never makes it to the winter. Note: This recipe is for garlic lovers as you can definitely taste the garlic! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor for about 15 – 20 seconds.
- 2Add the basil leaves to the processor bowl.
- 3With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until the pesto is completely pureed.
- 4Add the cheese and blend for about 45 seconds.
- 5Serve on pasta, sandwiches, chicken, omelets, etc.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese