Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Pesto can be made through step 1 and stored in freezer. To serve, remove pesto from freezer and let thaw and warm to room temperature, then fold in cheese and salt. Pesto is delicious with chcken, fish, or steamed vegetables (and, of course, on pasta).
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic cloves or 2 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed, with some stems)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pine nuts and garlic in food processor; process until finely chopped. Add half the basil and process until coarsely chopped. Add remaining basil. With machine running, pour oil in thin, steady stream through feed tube.
- Transfer pesto to mixing bowl and fold in cheese and salt with spatula. (This will make enough to sauce pasta for 6.).