- 6 (6 -8 ounce) sirloin strip steaks
- 4 tablespoons cracked peppercorn blend (black, green and pink)
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine (pick a good one)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth or 1 1⁄2 cups veal broth
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steaks with peppercorn and Kosher salt.
- In a heavy saute pan, over medium heat, add olive oil and 1 tablespoons butter. Place steaks in pan and cook for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side to medium-rare. Set aside.
- Pour off most of the fat, reduce heat to medium and add shallots. Cook, stirring until soft. Add cabernet and reduce to glaze. Add broth and reduce by half. Add cream and reduce until thickened. Season with salt. Pour over steak and serve.