Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 mins
My all time favorite peanut butter cookie recipe
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons toasted peanut oil, peanut oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease several baking sheets or use nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the brown sugar, butter, granlulated sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until evenly incorporated.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Gradually beat or stir in flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes, or until firmed up slightly.
- Shape portions of the dough into generous golf sized balls with lightly greased hands. place on the baking sheet, spacing them about 3" apart. Place the 2 tbls sugar in a small shallow bowl.
- Lightly oil the tins of a fork, dip the tines into the sugar.
- Using the fork tines, firmly press down each ball horizontally and then vertically until the ball is about 1/2" thick, dip the fork into the sugar before pressing down each cookie.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in the upper third of oven for 9-12 minutes or until tinged with brown at the edges and just beginning to firm up in the centers, be careful not to overbake. Reverse sheets halfway through baking from front to back to ensure even browning.
- Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let stand until cookies firm up slightly.3-4 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to wire racks. Let stand until completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week for up to 1 week -- or freeze for 2 months.