Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in my recipe 'basket' . . . have no idea where it came from but it's our favorite.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into batter.
- Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1" balls and put on baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE.
Absolutely perfect peanut butter cookies. I followed as written, but used smooth peanut butter as my kids don't like nuts as of yet!!! I also cut the recipe in half and it still made 3 dozen cookies. I used my cookie scoop to make things easier. Will definitely repeat this in the future. Made for 123 tag. Thanks Galley for sharing.
mmmmmmmm super yummy cookies! I used smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy, but only because some of my older family members don't do nuts very well. Everyone loved the flavor and texture! It's a keeper! Thanks so much!