Prep 35 mins
Cook 9 mins
The simple combination of savory but sweet peanut butter incoporated into a smooth, buttery dough gives this cookie its signature nutty flavor
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine Peanut butter and butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Blend in flour.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 1-inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- To Store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
this recipe is awesome the only diff I did I added no salt and use the old fashion fork and smash still came out perfect... thanks again
Yup, these are definitely classic peanut butter cookies! BUT they are better than the fork-smooshed, rich kind. I made a half batch and it turned out great. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks Nurse_Corie! :)
I have this recipe in a magazine and it is soo good. I bake them for 9 minutes because I like them softer :) I have made these with regular PB, but now I use natural chunky PB.