Recipe by Chona G.
This recipe came from my mother-in-law who makes the best pavlova. She can bake it eyes close I think! The inside is marshmallowy and crisp on the outside.
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or Vinegar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300 ml thickened cream (Whipped)
- 1 punnet raspberries (or your choice of fruits)
- 2 passion fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg-whites with an electric stand mixer or hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beat until it dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice or Vinegar and vanilla.
- Spread onto tray to form a 23cm mounded circle. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C, and bake for further 45 minutes. Allow to cool in a turned-off oven, with door open, to dry completely.
- Top with cream and berries. Drizzle with passionfruit just before serving.