- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil, for the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Have oven rack in the middle position; preheat to 200°.
- Set a wire rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the buttermilk mixture into the well, and gently whisk together until just incorporated with a few lumps remaining (do not overmix).
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Brush the pan bottom with a thin layer of the oil.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, add the patter to the skillet and cook until large bubbles begin to appear, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to the wire rack (don't overlap) and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the skillet with oil as needed.