America's Test Kitchen
Make and share this Classic Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Have oven rack in the middle position; preheat to 200°.
- Set a wire rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the buttermilk mixture into the well, and gently whisk together until just incorporated with a few lumps remaining (do not overmix).
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Brush the pan bottom with a thin layer of the oil.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, add the patter to the skillet and cook until large bubbles begin to appear, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to the wire rack (don't overlap) and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the skillet with oil as needed.
These pancakes were so yummy. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game