Recipe by -------
A tasty southern style food that can be eaten as a big breakfast or as a delicious dinner.
Top Review by ~Robyn~
This was good! I cheated and used Pillsbury Grands biscuits and I loved them, the bottom got so crisp! the chicken was ok, I was tired and didnt do anything to it, next time I will really spice it up. There was no oven temp. specified so I cooked it at 425 degrees for about an hour. Thanks Kyle, I will make this again.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- your favourite biscuit
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, & paprika in a paper sack.
- Melt butter/oleo in a shallow baking dish (13x9x2) in oven.
- Shake 3 or 4 pieces of chicken in the sack, coating thoroughly.
- Remove baking dish from oven & place chicken, skin side down, in a single layer.
- Bake 45 minutes and then turn.
- In the meantime make your biscuit recipe.
- Place biscuits on the bottom of the pan with chicken, being sure both the chicken & biscuits remain in the single layer.
- Bake another 15 minutes until biscuits are lightly browned & chicken is tender.