1/1 Photo of Classic Onion Soup
Witch Doctor's Note:
There's nothing quite as comforting on a cold winter's day as a pot of homemade soup on the stove, ready to warm you, body and soul. One of my favorite soups has always been Onion Soup and the following soup is from the National Onion Association.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan that holds at least 4 quarts.
- 2Add onions and cook over medium heat 12 minutes,or until tender and golden. Stir often.
- 3Add sugar and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Add broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes.
- 5If desired, add brandy; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7To serve, ladle soup into a bowl; float toast on soup. Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g