Recipe by valeriefromWI
A timeless classic! Been in my recipe box since I was a teenager! I believe this came from one of my grandmothers like so many of my cherished recipes :) When I make this for my friends who need to eat gluten free I remove all flour and add 1/3 cup cornstarch to the fruit. I also normally skip the flour in the topping myself, but I love the fruit part best!
Top Review by JPsBarbie
This was soooo good! The only changes I made were to use 3/4 cup of sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I reduced the sugar because I was serving the warm crisp with a slightly too sweet homemade vanilla ice cream and wanted it on the tart side. It came out perfect! (1)
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped in pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Preheat over to 350* Butter a 9x13 glass pan (metal can be very hard to clean up later).
- 2) chop rhubarb, strawberry place in medium mixing bowl add white sugar and 1/3 cup flour mix.
- 3) place fruit mixture evenly on bottom of pan.
- 4) in medium mixing bowl combine remaining fllour, butter, brown sugar and oats mix til crumbly.
- 5) Evenly distribute topping over fruit in pan.
- 6) Bake about 35 minutes until golden and bubbly.