Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
My favorite type of cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs; mix on high speed to combine. Mix in vanilla; set aside.
- Combine oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and beat on low speed to combine, 10 to 15 seconds. Remove bowl from mixer, and stir in dried fruits and nuts.
- Using a large metal scoop, drop dough onto prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden and just set, about 18 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire rack to cool.
these had a good taste (i did add a little cinnamon) but mine had a hard time staying together once baked.. esp the first batch so i would let the dough stand for a half hour or so. good flavor and i liked that they had wheat germ in them. i used a spoon to measure mine so they may have been smaller than the recipe suggests but they were cooked in 9 min. of course leaving them on the pan for a while or they would have really mashed together. yummy.