Recipe by Chef KevRon
I put two old recipes together to create this recipe and have had many compliments on it being a "professional cheese cake."
Top Review by Suzi y.
I used to make a cheesecake recipe from RecipeZaar. It was the best cheesecake I ever had, it never cracked, or was dry, just perfect! Then I lost it... and the website! After much searching, hello Food.Com. And hello old cheesecake recipe's! This one is perfection. Look no further, this is the one!
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted or softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- To make the crust, mix graham crackers crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar in bowl.
- Press mixture in bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla to mixture and mix until well blended.
- Then stir or fold in sour cream.
- Pour mixture in crust filled pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce to 200 degrees to bake for 45 minutes.
- From here the cheese cake just needs to be chilled, but I recommend doing the following step if you have a few extra hours- Leave in warm oven, once you turn it off but leave door slightly open.
- Let sit and cool for 2 hours and remove from oven.
- Remove sides from pan and chill in refrigerator.