Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I made this for our family christmas party and everyone loved it! Since it is a plain cheesecake I put cherry pie filling, strawberry pie filling and caramel sauce to the side in different bowls so they could put on top whatever they wanted or you can put on top whatever you prefer. It's even good just plain! I got this recipe out of a Philadelphia cook book. If you love cheesecake you will love this!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- MIX crumbs, sugar, and butter; press onto bottom of 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300 for 10 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.).
- MIX cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Blend in sour cream. Add eggs, mixing on low speed just until well blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE at 325 for 65 - 70 minutes or until center is almost set if using a 9-inch silver springform pan. (Bake at 300 for 65 - 70 minutes or until center is almost set if using a 9-inch dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
This is one of the best cheesecakes everrrr! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law always make cheesecakes for any and all holiday gatherings. And everyone raves about how good it is. The two of them always made is sound like it was a big effort to make so I never asked for the recipe nor was I interested in trying.. But after me making this recipe my family and myself have found this to be a better cheesecake and I find that it is so simple to make and I have to say it taste so much better than my in-law's cheesecake. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
Delicious, with just the right creaminess! Will definitely make again:)