Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This could be found in every Oyster Bar in Town. Take a freshly shucked oyster, dunk it in this sauce, pop it on a saltine cracker and eat immediately. It is also very good with cold shrimp/prawns or crawfish. We like it spread on a cold rare roast beef sandwich. It is a very flexible sauce; you can add more Tabasco if you need the heat. Less or more horseradish is fine too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup grated horseradish (not horseradish cream!)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients with a fork and keep refrigerated until using.
- It will keep for a week or so.
YUMMY! Yours is the real thing! There are so many wannabe N.O. recipes on this site, so I'm really glad I found yours. I should have known after I read your profile that it would be. We do like extra horseradish so I made it about 50/50. Thank you.
I just loved this! I don't even know where to start, so just know that I loved this. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet--Special Event Tag.