Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
The recipe we all know and love.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels (I recommend Whole Foods 365 Brand)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Love this classic recipe - using Nestle chips!!! My granddaughter and I will enjoy making them this weekend :-) Thanks for posting!
Classic chocolate chip cookie! Yum!
always and still the best