1/1 Photo of Classic Mixed Green Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Galley Wench's Note:
The dressing is a classic vinaigrette dressing that can be used again and again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 177.44 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1to Make Vinaigrette:.
- 2In medium bowl whisk all the ingredients except the oil until mixed. Gradually whisk in the oil until smooth.
- 3In a small bowl, cover the onion with iced water and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well. (Soaking the onion removes the sharp bit).
- 4In a large bowl, place the lettuce, drained onions, tomato and cucumber and add the dressing a little at a time, tossing gently and thoroughly until all the vegetables are evenly coated. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Serve immediately on chilled salad plates.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Mixed Green Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.2
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g