Recipe by Chef Gizmo
Found this at the Kraft Foods website. A must have!
Top Review by tracey.allred
I had never made rice pudding before, and wanted an easy recipe. This was it! And it was delicious. I wanted it to be extra creamy so I used whole milk, plus I added about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon-which gave it that "comfort food" flavor. Highly recommended!
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE milk, rice, sugar, raisins and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 6 min.
- ,stirring occasionally.
- BEAT egg and vanilla lightly in small bowl.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into eggs.
- Stirring constantly, slowly pour egg mixture back into hot mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook on low heat 1 minute until thickened.
- (Do not boil.).
- REMOVE from heat.
- Let stand 30 minute Serve warm.
- Store any remaining pudding in refrigerator.