Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this at the Kraft Foods website. A must have!
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- COMBINE milk, rice, sugar, raisins and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 6 min.
- ,stirring occasionally.
- BEAT egg and vanilla lightly in small bowl.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into eggs.
- Stirring constantly, slowly pour egg mixture back into hot mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook on low heat 1 minute until thickened.
- (Do not boil.).
- REMOVE from heat.
- Let stand 30 minute Serve warm.
- Store any remaining pudding in refrigerator.
I had never made rice pudding before, and wanted an easy recipe. This was it! And it was delicious. I wanted it to be extra creamy so I used whole milk, plus I added about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon-which gave it that "comfort food" flavor. Highly recommended!
I'm a "rice pudding lover" and I loved this! I liked the simplicity of this recipe. My rice did take longer to cooker than 6 min. I put a lid on it at one point and let it set off the burner. It turns out very creamy and old-fashioned tasting. It doesn't make a lot, so I might double another time. Roxygirl in Colo.
Great recipe to have on hand for easy and quick rice pudding. I didn't read all the way through the recipe and discovered after cooking six minutes that it had to sit for 1/2 hour! But it thickened up in that time. I made left out 1/4 cup of milk when during the cooking stage, and added 1/4 cup cream in with the eggs. Very nice.. next time I will us a little less sugar and add some more raisins plus a touch of allspice.