Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 30 mins
Just a yummy soup that is super easy to prepare, since it is made in the crock pot. A Cuisine at Home recipe.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fennel, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 ' slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine broth, carrots, celery, cabbage, onion, diced fennel, zucchini, summer squash, kidney beans, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and garlic in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook minestrone on low-heat setting until vegetables are tender, about 6 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high-heat setting, and add the macaroni. Cover and cook until macaroni is tender, 15-20 minute.
- To serve, stir parsley into soup; garnish each serving with Parmesan and basil.