Recipe by Da Huz
Adapted from "Italy's 500 Best-Ever Recipes" by J Wright. A tasty, simple dish. Serves 4 as a main dish or 8 as a side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped finely
- 3 carrots, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed (or other white bean)
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute until it starts to brown.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook on low for 5 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes. Add he stock. Add salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and macaroni. Return to the boil and then simmer, covered, another 20 minutes. Add more water if required.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.