Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 lb chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, with liquid
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni
- ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add leek, carrots, zucchini, green beans and celery.
- Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then replace the lid, and reduce heat to low; simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cannellini beans with liquid and pasta.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.