1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 lb chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, with liquid
- 1/4 cup elbow macaroni
- ground black pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat.
- 2Add leek, carrots, zucchini, green beans and celery.
- 3Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- 5Stir in the stock, tomatoes and thyme.
- 6Bring to a boil, then replace the lid, and reduce heat to low; simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- 7Stir in the cannellini beans with liquid and pasta.
- 8Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: