Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite salsa, you can play around with the heat and flavors by adding different peppers! This recipe is easily expanded.
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 small white onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 serrano peppers, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until large chunks are gone, but not to thin.
- Chill salsa for at least 30 minutes, much better the next day.