Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adopted recipe. I havent made it as yet but plan to soon. In the mean time please feel free to try it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (5 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- In a small saucepan melt sugar over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is a dark, caramel-colored liquid.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 4 cup metal ring mold or 8 individual molds.
- Quickly turn mold to coat bottom and sides with the caramel.
- Let cool so caramel hardens.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Put the condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and flavorings into an electric blender.
- Cover and blend to mix well.
- Pour mixture into mold; put mold in a larger pan filled with water to depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and remove mold from water.
- Cool and then refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Cover mold with an inverted serving platter.
- Hold mold and platter together and turn them over.
- Lift off mold.
- Caramel will fall as a liquid sauce over the custard.
delicious dessert, a little hard to make when you need something for the same day. Maybe you can find a faster and easier version of this same dessert.
My daughter works in a Mexican restaurant and loves the flans that they serve. One Sunday afternoon she decieded to try making some at home. She found this recipe, tried it and loved it. We thought it was pretty easy to make.
This stuff is nasty it is horrible yuck!!!!