Recipe by lemoncurd
This is an adopted recipe. I havent made it as yet but plan to soon. In the mean time please feel free to try it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (5 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan melt sugar over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is a dark, caramel-colored liquid.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 4 cup metal ring mold or 8 individual molds.
- Quickly turn mold to coat bottom and sides with the caramel.
- Let cool so caramel hardens.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Put the condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and flavorings into an electric blender.
- Cover and blend to mix well.
- Pour mixture into mold; put mold in a larger pan filled with water to depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and remove mold from water.
- Cool and then refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Cover mold with an inverted serving platter.
- Hold mold and platter together and turn them over.
- Lift off mold.
- Caramel will fall as a liquid sauce over the custard.