Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy no-fail recipe that is always moist and tender. The leftovers make excellent sandwiches.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Saute onions and garlic. Combine all ingredients except sauce. I mix it with a stand mixer. Grease a 9"x13" glass baking dish and form meat into a 3" thick loaf in the center of dish. Cover with sauce and bake at 350 for one hour or to 160 degrees. Allow to rest 15 minutes before cutting.