Recipe by slickchick
This was posted in the Denver Post and is described as a "refreshingly tart recipe for margaritas." It was created by Denver Post restaurant critic Tucker Shaw. I am put it here for safe keeping :)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau liqueur, triple sec or 2 ounces another favorite orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice, takes about 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- lime, rounds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all ingredients and shake for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Place a lime round into the base of a salt-rimmed martini glass.
- Shake the margarita 15 seconds more, then strain into glasses.
- Serve immediately.
- If ice is desired place a lime round into the base of a highball glass, fill halfway with ice and pour margarita over the top.
- *SIMPLE SYRUP: Easy to make. Take one part sugar and one part water, bring it to a boil, stir to dissolve and cool. Can be made as far in advance as you like, just store it in the fridge.