Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have to be honest- I'm really not a big fan of macaroni salad, but when I found this one I really liked it. I hope you do, too! It is really creamy and the veggies add a nice touch.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- Combine cooked macaroni, celery, onion, parsley, carrots, and eggs; set aside.
- Boil the next 5 ingredients until sugar and flour dissolve; allow to cool.
- Stir in mayo and mustard; pour over macaroni mixture. Mix well.
- Serve cold.