Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the one most requested by my family. Best to make 1 day ahead to let flavors mingle and must be served very cold.
- 8 ounces small salad cooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 sweet pickles, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 cups cooked small bay shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 cup sliced stuffed green olive (optional)
- Make the dressing: whisk together all the dressing ingredients; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the salad: add macaroni to a large bowl; toss with oil.
- Add in onion, eggs, and pickles (also any optional add-ins); add in dressing; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- If the salad seems dry, add more mayonnaise.
This is a very tasty recipe. Will be making it again in the future. Thanks.