Classic comfort food just like Momma made! BHG classic recipe.
Make and share this Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large sauce pan melt butter. Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook one minute.
- Pour in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, be sure to scrape bottom as it cooks. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese. Heat and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cooked macaroni. Pour into large 3 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.