1/5 Photos of Classic Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
Vicki in CT's Note:
Classic comfort food just like Momma made! BHG classic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, in large sauce pan melt butter. Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook one minute.
- 5Pour in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, be sure to scrape bottom as it cooks. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- 6Stir in cheese. Heat and stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Stir in cooked macaroni. Pour into large 3 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.9
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 1675.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 24.2 g