Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like buttery potatoes with lots of caramelized onions, then this is your dish. This dish goes well with anything.
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled and slice 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 onions, julienne
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water.
- Bring to boil and blanch for 2 minutes, until tender, but not to where they fall apart when putting them in baking dish.
- Remove from heat, drain and cool.
- In large sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
- When the oil in hot, add the onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until caramelized, adding in garlic just before onions are done and sauté a few minutes more until garlic is cooked.
- Remove onions from pan.
- Melt butter in pan then pour butter into baking dish.
- Layer potatoes then onions and repeat until onions and potatoes are gone seasoning with salt and pepper between layers.
- Place into 400°F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- This will make about 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the onions and potatoes.
- This is a wonderful buttery and oniony potatoes dish and goes well with anything and takes very little time.
I just love this dish! I served it at a church luncheon and everyone loved it. Thanks for posting!