L. Duch's Note:
If you like buttery potatoes with lots of caramelized onions, then this is your dish. This dish goes well with anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water.
- 3Bring to boil and blanch for 2 minutes, until tender, but not to where they fall apart when putting them in baking dish.
- 4Remove from heat, drain and cool.
- 5In large sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
- 6When the oil in hot, add the onions.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Sauté until caramelized, adding in garlic just before onions are done and sauté a few minutes more until garlic is cooked.
- 9Remove onions from pan.
- 10Melt butter in pan then pour butter into baking dish.
- 11Layer potatoes then onions and repeat until onions and potatoes are gone seasoning with salt and pepper between layers.
- 12Place into 400°F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13This will make about 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the onions and potatoes.
- 14This is a wonderful buttery and oniony potatoes dish and goes well with anything and takes very little time.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Lyonnaise Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 181.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g