Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a veratile dish which can be served summer or winter which I found originally from Super Food Ideas magazine (April 2003), however it is a very common recipe. It is a light dish but full on flavour. Provided you have the base of the receipe in your larder, you can add or omit the vegetables as required. In summer time, serve with a salad or in the cooler weather, some steamed vegetables. The first three ingredients form the base of the recipe, the rest can be susbsituted with whatever you have on hand. You can also try creamed corn, artichokes, red onion, tomatoes and eggplant. The frittata freezes well for up to 3 months.
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped light ham
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine zucchini, capsicum, mushrooms, ham, cheese, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add flour, eggs and pepper.
- Blend well.
- Spray an 18x28cm ovenproof dish (or similar dish of your choosing) with a little olive oil.
- Spread mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 25 to 30minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cut into portions and serve with salad or steamed vegetables.