This syrup for lemonade can be doubled or tripled in advance to have enough on hand. Keep syrup refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine sugar and 1 1/4 cups steaming hot water.
- 2Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, grate 1 tablespoon lemon peel (yellow part only) from 2 or 3 lemons.
- 4Add peel to warm sugar mixture; let cool about 10 minutes.
- 5Cut all lemons in half and ream enough juice to make 1 3/4 cups.
- 6Add to sugar mixture.
- 7Use immediately as syrup for lemonade, or cover and chill up to 3 days.
- 8To make each serving, add ice cubes, 1/3 cup lemon syrup, and 2/3 cup water; stir.
- 9Garnish glass rim with lemon slices, or stir slices into lemonade.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Lemonade Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g