- 2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup water, sugar and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Strain syrup through sieve placed over large measuring cup, discarding solids.
- Whisk in lemon juice and remaining 2 cups water.
- Pour into molds and freeze until slushy, then insert sticks and freeze until solid, for at least 4 hours.
- If you are using an ice pop kit, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.