Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
From a Borden's recipe booklet dated 1993. I have not made this recipe (sorry as I usually only post ones I've made) but it looks very appetizing. This is one of my planned recipes for the 4th of July celebration.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfrozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- In a small saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Cool 10 minutes.
- Chill thoroughly about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice. Fold in the pre-whipped whipping cream.
- Spread one-third of the lemon misture into the prepared pastry shell.
- Top with raspberry mixture then remaining lemon mixture.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and/or lemon rind curls if desired.
- Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers.