Recipe by JoyfulCook
A hearty soup,the great flavors make a wonderful combination, easy to make and easier to eat! - warms your right through on a wet and windy day.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large leeks
- 1 small onion
- 12 ounces potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the leeks, pat dry and cut into small dice. Dice onions and potatoes, set to one side.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the leaks and onions and cook gently, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 30 minutes then add the diced potatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and and blend about 25% only for a few seconds, return to the pan, stir, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge, and freezes well.