Cook1 hr 20 mins
I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad. It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite. This recipe comes from my mother. I think she got it off the back of a "Mueller's Lasagna box.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use real clove garlic, minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (I like it cheesey, so I use more)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagne as directed; drain.
- In 13x9x2" baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
- Then alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella and parmesean.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.
- Makes 8 servings.
- I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad.
- It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite.