1/3 Photos of Classic Lasagna
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad. It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite. This recipe comes from my mother. I think she got it off the back of a "Mueller's Lasagna box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use real clove garlic, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (I like it cheesey, so I use more)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- 2Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile cook lasagne as directed; drain.
- 4In 13x9x2" baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
- 5Then alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella and parmesean.
- 6Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
- 7Allow to stand for 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.
- 8Makes 8 servings.
- 9I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad.
- 10It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 1453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 32.9 g