Recipe by ruthiefoster55
Easy to prepare. No precooking of the noodles.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and this was a hit. I did add a small can of small diced tomatoes and the liquid (which i cut just a little of the tomato juice down) and followed the rest of the instructions. Served with a green salad and garlic bread. The neighbors took the recipe home. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 8 ounces about 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups romano cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, onion, garlic.
- Stir in Tomato juce, mushrooms, tomato paste, worchestshire sauce, oregeno, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In 13X9 dish layer half noodles, sauce, cheeses. Repeat and sprinke wih parsley. Cover with foil and let rest 30-45 minute.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- For brown top put under broiler for a few minutes. Remove and let stand 20 minutes before cutting.