The real thing: fluffy, rich, heavenly and absolutely irresistible. This is the traditional Italian recipe at its purest, without any whipped cream or unnecessary sugar. The Food.com calculator does not have the nutritional info for mascarpone, thus the nutritional info provided is misleading. One 1/12 portion of this recipe has about 280-300 calories, which is way lower than many modified versions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups espresso or 2 cups very strong coffee
- 150 ml Tia Maria or 150 ml Amaretto or 150 ml disaronno liquor or 150 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 48 Savoiardi cookies (2 packs of 24)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1/4 cup chocolate shavings (optional)
- 1Carefully separate whites from yolks.
- 2Beat yolks with 3 tbsp of sugar in a large bowl, add mascarpone, mix with a blender on low speed until the mass is homogeneous and creamy. Clean the blender.
- 3Whisk the whites with the remaining sugar with a blender in a medium-sized bowl until little peaks are firm enough not to fall (like for meringue); carefully incorporate the white mixture into the mascarpone mix;.
- 4Combine the alcohol with coffee in a shallow bowl. Quickly dip each Savoiardi into the coffee mix and lay out in a single layer at the bottom of a large baking pan (glass works best, as it allows to see the layers). Cover the fist layer with half the cheese mixture. Lay another layer of dipped Savoiardis on top and cover with the remaining mascarpone mix. Put the cocoa in a small sieve and dust the top of the cake.
- 5Decorate with choco chips or chocolate shavings.
- 6Refrigerate overnight or for 4-5 hours before enjoying. Buon appetito!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Italian Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 40.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: